This statement has been developed over a series of meetings and consultations with member groups between February 2013 and February 2015.
The network recognises that its membership will change. This statement should, therefore, be available at each network meeting so that everyone has a shared understanding of why we are coming together.
1. To provide opportunities for university service user and carer groups to come together to support our continued involvement in social work education and find solutions to shared problems.
2. To share our diverse experiences of health and social care practice and participation in social work education in Scotland.
3. To celebrate and promote our participation in social work education.
4. To ensure all voices are heard, including those from under-represented and seldom heard groups.
5. To secure funding for us to continue to have a positive influence on social work, health and social care education.